Vedic astrology is a Hindu Indian astrology which has been there for more than 5000 years. It follows ancient Vedic scriptures and traditions into consideration. Vedic astrology takes the planetary position during the birth of a child including the time and place of birth.
After making some calculations, it deduces the influences of these planets and stars on the entire life of a child. Which includes their growth, career, health, marriage and much more.
Below are 10 facts you don’t know about Vedic astrology:
- Our body is affected by the moon: It is a known scientific fact that the waxing and fading of moon effects the tides in the ocean. It is also said moon has a huge impact on our human body as it is made up of 75% water.
As per Vedic astrology, our body goes through emotional fluctuations due to the phases that moon changes.
- The oldest form of astrology: Indian astrology is thousands of years old. It is difficult to know the exact date of astrology but it is believed that it was first mentioned in Rig Veda.
In about 2nd and 3rd century, Vedic astrology was translated into the Chinese language, which later spread across the world.
- About modern astrology: The credit modernization of Vedic astrology goes to Rishi Parashara and Rishi Jaimini.
It was Rishi Parashara who wrote Jyotish Shastra, a book which describes the rules and regulations to make astrological predictions. Further, Rishi Jaimini, who was a student of Ved Vyasa, compiled some important notes on Vedic astrology.
- Zodiac signs are based on earth’s movement around the sun: Zodiac signs also known as rashis are based on the earth’s revolution around the sun which takes about 365 days. These are divided into twelve parts of signs, which describes specific the characteristics of a person born in it.
- Twelve houses explain the life path of a person: The astrological chart is divided into twelve houses which are based on the birth time and date of a person. Each house has their own characteristic, which when correlated with the planetary movement explains a person’s life and expectations.
- Nakshatra system is based on the moon: 12 rashis are further divided into 27 subdivisions known as nakshatra or lunar mansion. As per Indian astrology, moon spends one day in each of the nakshatras during is a lunar cycle.
- Lagna is based on rising of sun and location of the moon during birth: Lagnas or ascendant signs are the risings of the zodiac signs on the eastern horizon, during the time of your birth. There are 12 zodiac signs and 24 hours in a day, each sign takes 2 hours to rise. Which then completes the circle of a day and repeats each day in a similar fashion.
8.Vedic astrology is based on cause and effect: It is said that the concept of Vedic astrology is explained through the principle of cause and effect. It explains the action of a person depending them to be good or bad, whose impact is further explained by the planetary position in a birth chart.
9.Vedic astrology is different from western astrology: Vedic astrology is based on the sidereal zodiac, that is it is based on observing the fixed position of constellations in the sky. Meanwhile, western astrology is based on the tropical zodiac or the observation of the constellations in relation to the movement of the sun.
- Earth’s movement has changed over the years: The movement of the earth has changed by 23 degrees after thousands of years of its revolution and rotation. As Vedic astrology is based on sidereal zodiac system, hence, it is considered to be more accurate than the western system.
Indian astrology is a powerful system which has the power to make accurate predictions.