For many people the period of Sade satti or the 7 and a half years of influence of the planet Shani or Saturn is very fearsome. There are many misconceptions and dread about this period. People are asked to expect all kinds of obstacles, loss, conflicts, trauma and even death in this period. Worst of all, the married life of a person can also undergo issues during this effect.
So, how can one separate fact from fiction, and what is the real truth regarding effect of sade satti on marriage?
A truly experienced vedic astrologer can tell us all about it.
When, Saturn transits through the 12th, 1st, and 2nd house from position of moon in the janam kundali, it is known as Sade satti. Saturn takes 2 and ½ years to pass through each sign (30 years to make one round of the zodiac), its passing through 3 signs make it 7 and ½ years. Sade means “half” and Satti translates to “seven” and hence the name Sade Satti.
Does every sade satti effect the individual negatively?
No, this can be answered only by looking at the individual’s birth chart in detail. If Saturn is not in its malefic aspect and placed negatively but working as a yoga karaka, instead of bad results, one can become very successful happy marriage life – buy property, increase wealth etc also in this period. Hence, that is why we see for some people sade satti becomes a time of good fortune also.
How do the different cycles of sade satti affect me?
First cycle of Sade-sati generally affects parents and close relatives. The 2nd cycle influences home and business front, and the 3rd cycle affects marriage, children, family, health, and physical suffering.
In affecting marriage, it can cause separation from spouse, unhappy domestic life and quarrels.
Depending on position and strength of Saturn, the affects can be mild to severe.
How must one take precaution during this time?
To understand this, one must know the nature of the planet Saturn. He is not fond of egoism and pride, and targets people who are arrogant to bring them down. Its very important to remain humble, and continue doing one’s work inspite of any troubles or difficulties.
In married life, one must make sure that one does not show arrogance and ego, but is understanding and patient in solving all problems.
Both spouses can read Shani Mahatmyam on Saturdays, and visit shani temple to make the offerings. This appeases the planet.
How do we know if sade satti is good or bad for marriage prediction?
Astrologers check various aspects to answer this question.
- They check if Saturn acting as a benefic or malefic influence in the janam kundali
- Is Saturn coming again under aspect of any naturally benefic or naturally malefic planets.If Saturn is coming under a naturally benefic planet such as Jupiter, it will be a good result but if it comes under a naturally malefic planet like Rahu, it would be a bad result.
- online Astrolgers also check the dasha – planetary time period running during that time and check if Saturn is involved there?
- They further check what is the nakshatra under which Saturn falls in natal chart and its characteristics
- They check for how strong is the janam kundali in general. They analyse how many benefic planets are placed in kona and kendras
- Placement and influence of lagna and lagna lord are checked. What’s the influence of Lagna on Saturn? E.g. is Saturn in Lagna or is it in conjunction with Lagna lord.
Conclusion of sade satti effect on marriage:
So, rest assured that sade satti would be bad for marriage only if all the above factors are negative in a chart. This is usually not the case and one can get a mixed period of good and bad results affecting marriage astrology in sade satti period