Is it alright to take the biggest decision of your life blindfolded?
This is what most people who do not believe in kundali matching do. They are very cautious and calculative risk takers in life, yet when it comes to marriage, they skip the step of kundali matching – opening themselves and their future to risk- a risk to their own happiness.
Vedic astrology, which is one of the ancient sciences has devised a very calculative method that can compare the nature of two partners and confirm whether they would be compatible or not. This process is called kundali matching.
A Kundali or birth horoscope is an astrological chart, created on the basis of the exact birth date, time and birth place of an individual. Kundali matching or Kundali milan is the Vedic astrology equivalent of horoscope matching for marriage.
The number of questions, fears and anxieties in one’s mind reaches a frenzy at the period before marriage.
Should one enter into marriage full of fear and anxiety? Not necessary, says Vedic astrology.
Vedic astrology shines the light on a marriage alliance through a scientific approach and calculations. It can answer a lot of questions about the alliance.
Risks without doing proper kundali matching are:
- Incompatibility on all levels with the partner
- Poor quality and nature of the partnership
- Affected duration of the marriage – can end shortly through separation, divorce, death etc
- Poor or no chances of children, wealth and fortunes through this alliance
- Miseries or misfortunes due to this alliance
All these problems can be highlighted effortlessly under the expert hands of an astrologer, who can study both the horoscopes.
It is only after analyzing the pros and cons of the alliance that one can take an informed decision with clarity and confidence into the future. This is the power of Vedic astrology.
System of kundali matching
The guna milan is seen using Ashtkoot guna milan system. 36 Gunas are the aspects that need to be considered by comparing the horoscopes of the bride and groom to ascertain their compatibility with each other.
If at least 18 out of 36 gunas in both the horoscopes match, marriage would be recommended, otherwise not.
In astrology the koota or clusters under which the compatibility is seen are called as follows:
Varna Koot (Society class) 1 point
Tara Koot (Futuristic approach) points
Graha Maitri Koot (Mentality and mutuality) 5 points
Bhakoot (Health) 7 points
Vashya Koot (Mutual attraction) 2 points
Yoni Koot (Sexual life) 4 points
Gana Koot (Behaviour) 6 points
Nadi Koot (Pregnancy and child) 8 points
Important planets in kundali matching
Study of sun, moon, mars etc are important in terms of planetary influence.
- The horoscopes of both prospective partners are analyzed
- Important aspects like 7th house, its lord and navamsha have to be additionally studied while doing a horoscope match.
- The position of mars with respect to Mangal dosha should be studied.
- The mutual positions of moon need to be studied. If the position of their moon is in Kendra, trine or 11th from each other, then both bride and groom will agree on same points. If the moon is in 3rd,6th,8th or 12th than clashes are bound to happen. It also leads to lack of emotional bonding.
- In the case of Sun’s placement of both groom and bride, if their relative position is favourable then it will lead to strong friendship between bride and groom.
Common doshas which can be avoided through kundali matching
- Mangal dosha is a common dosha, which creates a lot of aggression and problems in the marital front. This can be detected during kundali matching.
- Kaal Sarp doshas (when all seven planets are placed between Rahuand Ketu), etc., can also create lot of problems in marriage, and can be detected during kundali matching.
One can get one’s kundali matching online and additionally verified by an expert astrologer to ensure a harmonious and happy married life.
Vedic astrology removes the risk of an unhappy marriage through proper kundali matching.